Ah, the New Year! You can almost taste it. Just a couple of months to go and it’s that time again when people try to change themselves for the better – letting go of the past, taking leaps of faith, and jumping on fresh starts.
But, how can you change for the better when as simple as maintaining good oral health is often overlooked?
As they say, your smile is the prettiest thing you can wear. It boosts your confidence and enhances your mood. Don’t lose your chance of having a beautiful smile by using your dental benefits before they expire.
Why Use Your Dental Coverage Benefits?
1. Deductible resets every year – Most dental insurance companies require a certain amount of money to be paid out of your own pocket before you can start using your dental insurance. If you have already started using your dental insurance plan, it means you have already met the requirement for your deductible.
Hence, by not maximizing your benefits, you may lose that money you have already paid. Come January 1, your deductible is reset and you need to pay again before you can use your dental insurance.
2. Monthly Premiums – Whether you are the one paying for your monthly premium or your employer, your dental insurance plan is not free. Hence, if you are not using your dental coverage benefits, you are losing money. If saving more money is part of your New Year’s resolution, you better start doing that now.
4. Avoid Complication – By visiting your dentist on a regular basis, you get to keep your gums and teeth healthy. Regular checkups and routine cleaning allow your dentist to detect early signs of dental problems. What may seem to be a small hole on your tooth could lead to gum disease or root canal. As they say, an ounce of prevention is always better than a pound of cure.
5. Annual Maximum – Most dental insurance plans cover a certain amount of annual maximum. This covers the amount of dental services you can avail within the calendar year. This annual maximum does not roll over to next year. Hence, any amount not used after December 31 is wasted.
6. Save More – By visiting your dentist for routine cleanings and checkups, you avoid costly fees of complicated dental procedures. Untreated dental problems could worsen over time and may require complex treatments.
By maintaining good oral health, you save yourself from hefty fees tagged on complicated dental procedures. So, start caring for your teeth now and they will care for your pocket, too.
So, before you start planning your new life for the new year, use up your dental coverage benefits before they expire come December 31. You’ll be amazed at how a beautiful, bright smile can drastically change your life.
Book an appointment now or call East Charlotte Dental at 704-568-8076 to find out if you have remaining dental coverage for 2017.